The “Reveal” In-Person Viewing and Ordering Meeting
The Reveal viewing and ordering session is part of Dr. Z Photography’s full service treatment for clients and is the most exciting part of your photo session experience! Every photo session–both full sessions and mini sessions–includes a customized, in-person Reveal meeting 1-2 weeks after your photo session.
What to Expect
After your photo session, I’ll get to work individually retouching, editing, and perfecting the best photos from your session. For a full-length, 60-minute session, you can expect to see 25-30 fully edited proofs at your Reveal. For a mini session, you can expect to see 10-12 fully edited proofs.
We’ll schedule your Reveal either at your photo session or by email shortly after. For this meeting, I can come to your home or we can meet out for coffee (Panera usually works well for this). We’ll choose the location where you feel most comfortable and a time that works with your schedule. It’s important for everyone involved in the ordering process to be able to attend this meeting, so we’ll coordinate schedules to find the perfect time.
Your Reveal will be your first opportunity to see your photos, so come to this meeting excited and ready to see your gorgeous images! We’ll start our meeting (after some all-important coffee, of course!) with a customized slideshow of your images (so if I ask you what kind of music you like during your photo session, this is why!). Just sit back and relax for this part–I want you to just get a feel for your images and enjoy seeing them for the first time.
(Want to see an example of a photo session slideshow? Click here!)
After the slideshow, we’ll view the same images as prints and sort through them to choose your absolute favorites. From there, we’ll talk about how you’d like to keep and view your images: do you want framed photos for your office? A canvas gallery collection for the living room? A set of accordion minis for the grandparents? A photo book or album? Think about how you’d like to view these images in 10, 20, or 30 years. We’ll work together to find the perfect products and prints for your home and your budget. I’ll have samples of prints, canvas wraps, greeting cards, and other products to help you decide exactly which photo displays are right for you.
Once you’ve chosen your images and selected a package or a la carte prints or products, we’re done! Payment for your order is due in full at your Reveal session by cash, check, or credit card via Square or Paypal Here. (Payment plans are available–just ask.) I’ll place the orders for your prints and products with my professional print lab, and your order will usually be ready in 2-3 weeks.
All the Details
- You will receive a list of pricing for prints and products prior to your Reveal (usually at your photo session or shortly after by email). Please consult this list prior to your Reveal to get an idea of which print packages or products suit your tastes and your budget.
- The Reveal meeting will be your only opportunity to view and order photos and products from your photo session.
- Please make sure that all decision-makers involved in ordering prints or products from your session are present at this meeting. Please plan on choosing prints or products for any family members who cannot be present at your Reveal.
- Please try to choose a time for your Reveal when your children will be at school, sleeping, or with a caretaker so you are able to focus on selecting your ideal images.
- The Reveal meeting offers me an opportunity to help you select the prints, albums, or wall art that is perfect for your family and your home. My goal is not to “sell” you on products you don’t want or need; my goal is to offer you an individualized, full-service portrait experience and to help you choose the best ways to display your new artwork.